Proposal mass bug filling on packages depending on xlibs(?)

Ondrej Sury ondrej at sury.org
Sun Jul 31 06:13:37 CDT 2005

Hi,

I wanted to fill bug on groff which doesn't depend on libxp6, but found
much more deeper problem.

Many packages (5653 at moment) in breezy depend on libx<something> |
xlibs (>> 4.1.0), which is wrong, because xlibs is transitional package
and doesn't contain any libraries.

Either all dependencies has to be changed to drop xlibs (>> 4.1.0) or
xlibs should start depending on all libx<something> libraries.

I think that first solution is the right one(tm), but it maybe so much
work, that second should be done for breezy.

Ondrej.
--
Ondrej Sury <ondrej at sury.org>