gnome-app-install

The Saltydog thesaltydog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 14:11:53 CDT 2005

Are you going to keep gnome-app-install in Breezy?
If yes, it should not be as it is now in Hoary. Now it's quite
useless: it dosen't show really ALL installed applications (more than
half of my gnome menu is missing), it doesn't allow the user to
install whatever he wants, - it couldn't do it, so why call it
Add/Remove Applications?

A tool to get the user a complete view of his graphical applications
installed (with all the related informations that are available in the
cache or in the file's inode) is surely needed, but the application
must comply with freedesktop.org rules.

I was initially working on such a program, then I saw
gnome-app-install in ubuntu base installation, and I have quit.