GNOME panel and sudo

Manu Cornet manu.cornet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:18:15 CDT 2005

Hi !

> Hmm.... I'm not entirely sure about this, since it doesn't give the
> flexibility that the sudo parsing idea does, but it does simplify things
> a great deal. The .desktop file could contain a "needs admin" setting of
> some sort, and we could set the USER_IS_ADMIN setting based on
> membership of the admin group...

Right, but as Vincent said, this change will probably go upstream, and
we need to find something that will work outside Ubuntu as well.

I personnally like the USER_IS_ADMIN (or : USER_IS_SUDOER) solution a
lot, I think it's a good idea to make this go "system-wide" right now,
as it might very well be useful for various other things.

Manu