Ruby not up-to-date (bug 12613)

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Fri Jul 15 08:26:06 CDT 2005

Hi,

See buzilla 12613 for more information. The bug has been assigned to
Debzilla.

My question is who or what is debzilla? I'm assuming (as Ruby is fixed
in Debian) its a means of folding fixes from Debian back into Ubuntu. Is
this an automatic process or a pseudonym for a developer? Whats the
turnaround time for debzilla?

I'm asking (as you might have figured out) because this "Bug" is holding
up some Ruby development I'm working on atm and would rather have an
update from Ubuntu/Debian rather than patch the problem with a custom
install of Ruby (I've tried this already and encountered all sorts of
weirdness).

I'm on Hoary (and I also assume this affects Warty).

Thanks in advance for your help! :-)

Nicholas