Problem starting Gnome apps after resume

Chris Wilson blixtra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 07:24:02 CDT 2005

Hi,

I posted this a couple days ago on the user list but got no responses.
Maybe this is more a developer thing.

I've got hoary installed on a T21 thinkpad with all updates. Sleep and
hibernate work fine except for the fact that after resume I'm not able
to start any gnome apps.

Applications that were already open work fine. Also, I'm able to get
as far as opening one window of a gnome app throw the Applications
menu but the window is empty (no menu, text etc.). The next time I try
to access the menu the menu doesn't open, only the text (Applications,
Places or System) is highlighted and it hangs like that. If I've
already had the terminal open before suspending then I'm able to use
it to start non-gnome programs (firefox, kde programs, etc.)

I've tried countless variations in /etc/default/acpi-support to no avail.

Has anyone had this problem? Know a solution?

Thanks (again)
Chris