RSS in Hoary

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Wed Jul 13 16:43:02 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 05:17:44AM -0400, kamstrup wrote:
> I was never really able to get *Straw* working properly - couldn't
> figure it out. - Call me stupid. Furthermore it took eons to load and
> seemed unresponsive. BTW it hasn't been updated for half a year.

I think it's been updated more recently than that. I was on
the straw mailing list, and while their development was slow
it seemed to produce a (minor) change every couple months.

I've stopped using it, and have moved over to akregator -- a
KDE package. It's my second- or third-favorite RSS reader
under any platform. My favorite is NetNewsWire under OS X,
with akregator probably in a tie with SharpReader for
Windows.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org