"Bug buddy" 's future in Ubuntu ?

mayco dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Wed Jul 13 09:27:02 CDT 2005

James Livingston Wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 07:10 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > So maybe in practice, it's not *that* useful anyway.
>
> Bug Buddy does one *very* useful thing: it submits backtraces for
> crashes, which can be vital in helping developers fix the bugs that
> cause crashes.
>

> Cheers,
>
> James "Doc" Livingston
> --
> What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
> -- W.C. Fields

The only thing is that those backtraces are almost always without
debugging information, and even after asking to make a new backtrace
with debugging information, most reporters don't react after that.

It would be a good thing if bug buddy could help install debugging
packages... Why not create a repository for debugging information?

--
mayco