lspci on install and live cd

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 10 05:11:57 CDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 01:25:37PM -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> I was wondering if lspci could be installed at the cd's filesystem, so
> we could be able to define which hardware we're trying to run ubuntu.
>
> Ubuntu-live (breezy, daily builds - I test it every day) is not
> recognizing some video boards (specially via and sis ones), and asks for
> a driver. It would be interesting to switch to a shell and be able to
> determine which hardware is that.

In the install CD, run through the installer past the "Retrieving
additional components" stage and you'll have lspci available.

In the live CD, run 'anna-install pciutils-udeb' sometime reasonably
early on and you'll have lspci available once the "Retrieving additional
components" stage has completed.

Cheers,