VPN GUI

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Jul 7 14:56:00 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 20:42 +0300, z wrote:
> This is very important for me too, because at home I connect to the
> internet by connecting to a VPN and it was a real pain to configure it
> with the current tools provided, at least for me. there were no native
> packages, at least by that time. now i know about a program called
> network manager, but it's something connected to novell and it has
> only rpm packages and i had trouble installing it from source. it
> would be nice if it's in ubuntu too.

It will be in Ubuntu, and the main developers are Red Hat people (not
Novell, you're confusing with the old hacky netapplet).

Note that NetworkManager only has support for the Cisco VPNs (using
vpnc), but support for other VPN systems should be easy enough to add,
via the plugin system.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>