Collapsing settings into chewable bits

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Jul 5 20:19:31 CDT 2005

> - Jeff
>
> [1] http://live.gnome.org/PreferencesRevisited

Thanks for the link Jeff. I often feel like Gnome is progressing so
slowly, that I sometimes become a bit depressed about it, as I would
like it to be perfect today, not in 10 years. But in this web page, it
is clear that the boys at Gnome don't lack ideas and are very critical
with their own work/baby and have positive/constructive attitude, in the
interest of the end user. so I guess the real problem is not making
suggestions, but rather, forking out cash so that all those devs full of
ideas can be paid to work full time on their ideas.

Dear Mark Shuttleworth, by any chance, wouldn't you happen to have a
wealthy twin brother (or sister, I don't mind ;o), who would be
eventually willing to help the human kind by offering a few million quid
to the gnome community ? That could fund a hundred highly skilled devs
for say, 5 years, the time to boost development and quickly get a really
top quality product, that goes smoothly, and doesn't generate 300,000
bug reports (what's the current count on gnome's bugzilla ?! ;o)
If you have other brothers, then the better ! ;o) You could talk one
into X and GDM development, another one into drivers, to have top
quality drivers for every H/W one might get hold of, and superb laptop
support out of the box, and hibernation/suspend working perfectly, even
on desktops. And then another brother who could concentrate on
developing applications, like say, making OpenOffice as snappy and
responsive as Gnumeric and Abiword, or make a Dreamweaver clone for
Gnome, and also an Adobe Premiere clone, and so on, things like that.

Please don't tell me that you have no brother or sisters, or I will
burst into tears !! ;o)

--
Vince