network-manager main inclusion report

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 2 10:00:10 CDT 2005

Hi Thom!

Thom May [2005-06-27 20:18 +0100]:
> please review https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportNetworkManager
> and let me know if there are any problems

Thanks for the initial report. I looked at the packages, they are
fine. Security-wise this is of course pretty delicate, but if there's
an active upstream that will be fine for me.

However, it should work out of the box before I'll approve it to main.
After installing the package:

$ nm-applet

** (nm-applet:20967): WARNING **: <WARNING>       (): nmwa_dbus_init() could not acquire its service.  dbus_bus_acquire_service() says: 'Connection ":1.10" is not allowed to own the service "org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo" due to security policies in the configuration file'

[...]

This happens regardless of whether I start NetworkManager or not. This is on current Breezy.

What's the reason of that?

Thanks,

Martin

--