First Test of Live Array-3.5

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:06:51 CST 2005

I have tried the latest Hoary Live milestone  (Array 3.5) on my x86
machine, and it worked great.  Thanks guys!

The only 2 small details I have noticed:

*) sound didn't work out of the box.  I had to go in volume control,
and change the device from "C-Media Electronics CMI9781" to "Sis
SI7012 (Alsa Mixer).    That problem is not specific to the Live CD:
I had to do the same when I installed Hoary on that machine.

*) The time on the machine is displayed in UTC.  Not surprising since
the time in the BIOS is local time (something I must do since I
double-boot with Windows 98).   I suspect there is no way around this
problem beside adding a question at boot time; something I would not
recommend.

But overall, a very positive experience of this pre-release Live CD on
my hardware.