LTSP on Ubuntu

Miguel Angel Zarza trukulo at menta.net
Tue Jan 25 03:30:34 CST 2005

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:48:52PM -0500, JLB wrote:
>

>>Along the lines of this thread, I would also like to see the NoMachine
>>MX Server packages (or even statically compiled ones) built out of the
>>free gpl libs. I already have the NoMachine NX client running great on
>>hoary connecting to a SuSe server. Being familiar with ltsp on slack
>>and k12ltsp, I can tell ya, NoMachine runs circles around ltsp.
>

> I believe Tollef expressed some interest in this in the past.

I've made a few talks about use of freenx on badopi conferences. It's a
completely useful Graphical Terminal Server, and works like a charm,
it's speed it's INCREDIBLE, looking a divx (not full screen) by internet
with only 30k of upload on server side.

Very fast, and with appropiate packages, very cheap in resources (just
only ram).

I can't make sound work, but everything else yes, and is _VERY_ easy.