resolv.conf file keeps getting rewritten

jdthood at aglu.demon.nl jdthood at aglu.demon.nl
Mon Jan 24 10:22:35 CST 2005

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 10:48:06AM -0800, Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> I'm fairly certain that neither dhclient nor gnome-system-tools use
> resolvconf at present, so if you tested it on Ubuntu, I assume you
> already made the modifications?  Would you care to share them?

Resolvconf support was added to dhclient (from dhcp-client) relatively
recently, in release 2.0pl5-17.

gnome-system-tools is still incompatible with resolvconf insofar as
it provides a way for the user to overwrite resolv.conf (#258553)
whereas in the resolvconf world that file shouldn't be changed
directly.

However, given that its network configuration module has so many
other evil bugs, it isn't advisable to use g-s-t to configure
networking on Debian systems.  (In my opinion the module should be
disabled until those bugs are fixed, but it's not my decision to
make.)

Does Ubuntu include and endorse g-s-t?  If so then I will see what
I can do to get #258553 fixed.

--
Thomas Hood