Facilitation of BIOS flash upgrades. [update-grub]

Martin Alderson martinalderson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:58:54 CST 2005

I agree entirely. This is a fantastic way of getting round a
significant hurdle in Linux. Just think of the amount of times people
will of installed Linux and used it a lot, installed some more RAM (or
whatever), realised the system was unstable. Searched the web and
found out that the BIOS needed upgraded. Finds only an exe file.

Decides that they really would like to have their new RAM working, so
they install Windows. Windows of course nukes the Linux bootloader.
They decide that they'll 'repair linux later' and never get round to
it.