Menus in Hoary/Gnome2.9

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 22 13:58:46 CST 2005

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 09:35:04AM -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:

> This is not an insult of any kind, just an observation: This type of "oh
> well, upstream removed it, guess we will too" attitude is what keeps MANY
> people from using open source software.

You seem to be characterizing this as an active choice, which it isn't.
GNOME included this feature, and in the new release of GNOME, this feature
is no longer present.  Either we ship the new GNOME (and give up the
feature), or we stay with the old (and keep it), and the balance is in
favour of shipping the new GNOME.

--
 - mdz