Ubuntu Universe Maintainers?? [was Re: Python version in Debian vs. Ubuntu?]

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Jan 21 10:10:07 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 11:37:58PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 07:14:47AM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 02:35:44PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>> >Bugs in universe packages should be handled by Ubuntu universe maintainers,
>> >not Debian.
>>
>> This is cut from the page bugzilla presents when I want to enter a new
>> bug in the Ubuntu package:
>>
>>  "Please note: packages which are found in the 'universe' repository are
>>  not supported here. Since packages from 'universe' are rebuilt from
>>  Debian Sid, problems with them should be reported to Debian. If you are
>>  certain the problem is caused by an interaction with something in
>>  Ubuntu, you can post to the ubuntu-users mailing list for assistance."
>>
>> I think this text should be changed if bugs in universe are to be
>> reported to the Ubuntu universe maintainers.
>
>Yes, it should be.  That text is erroneous.
>
>Thom, would you fix it?
>
>> I also think that there should be instructions on how to report bugs on
>> packages in universe.
>
>The correct procedure should be determined by the team themselves,
>depending on how they would prefer to handle bugs.

How do I get in contact with them?

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
     -- Benjamin Franklin