Epiphany vs. Firefox (Duck!)

Danilo Šegan danilo at kvota.net
Tue Jan 18 09:31:52 CST 2005

Today at 15:50, Sridhar Ratna wrote:

> Epiphany needs ...
>
> 1. Dynamically Loadable extensions

Aren't epiphany extensions dynamically loadable?

> 2. Adblock (in cvs)
> 3. Firefox-like find
> 4. Better popup blocker

None of these seem so essential to me.  I.e. it's not like there's no
any kind of pop-up blocker, it's that it could be improved (and like
there is some which couldn't?).  I don't know what's a "Firefox-like
find", but there's only so much "searching" that one can do in a web
page.

FWIW, none of these seem like blockers to me.  The big reason I see
for Firefox being default on most distributions is marketing, not
technical advantages :)

Cheers,
Danilo