Fedora Core 4 Plans

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 17 17:50:28 CST 2005

No one's posted this yet, so:

  http://lwn.net/Articles/119500/

 * They have similar goals with Xorg, GNOME, KDE (as per the Kubuntu team)
   and OpenOffice.org 2.0 - we still have a maybe on that.

 * They're going to be doing Xen stuff, much along the same lines as we
   talked about at Mataró -> we probably won't have this for hoary, but we
   should plan to have Xen fully integrated into our kernel packages for
   bendy

 * Faster boot -> they should hope so, ours is rocking the casbah :-)

 * "Extras at launch time. Or else." -> it will take a while for them to
   gear up to the scale and usefulness of universe. ;-)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

     "Everyone's a little queer, why can't she be a little straight?" -
                           Weezer, Pink Triangle