Adding ISDN drivers (AVM Fritz) to lrm

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Mon Jan 10 11:25:58 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 07:22:11PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> The added ISDN drivers and firmware for various AVM Fritz cards increase
> the lrm modules "a bit". Each one of the 10 modules varies between 600k
> and 850k, adding firmware (300k - 1200k). The current modules can be
> found at http://people.ubuntu.com/~doko/lrm/ . If these modules should
> be separated in their own packages, how should these be called? Of
> course the packages are built from the same source, so you do have to
> build no more packages.

I just tested the avm-fritz-firmware and
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.10-1-686 packages and they work fine for
my AVM Fritz A1 (rev 2). pon works with pppdcapiplugin (also I had to
manually load the capi module before).

Thanks doko for this great work! This is escpecially nice because
2.6.10 seems to have big problems with mISDN and avmfritz.

I blacklisted hisax and avmfritz (mISDN). If I don't blacklist
avmfritz it will oops inside the kernel (2.6.10) but the fcpci driver
from avm seems to work still. I think it would be nice if
avm-fritz-firmware recommend (or depends) on pppdcapiplugin.

thanks,
 Michael