Old Gnome menus not being fully recognised

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon Jan 10 06:56:28 CST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:35:26 +0000, Mark C wrote:
> One of the main culprits, is Crossover Office, there are several apps
> that I use, that are windows based (Internet Explorer, as I do we
> development and must test sites under this as well), once installed
> under Warty, it used to put a Menu entry, under the main Applications,
> called 'Crossover Office', this has now gone and the menus that used to
> be there have gone under 'Other', and also when you install any program
> under this, it used to put the new Items under 'Applications | Windows
> Programs', this is stored in the users v-folders directory.

Hi. I work for CodeWeavers.

If you are using the latest version (4.1) this is most certainly a bug in
the way we are detecting what menu system Ubuntu uses as we do support the
new system. If you are using an earlier version then you should
upgrade as we have to constantly tweak Crossover to keep up with all the
different ways menus work on different distros (there are currently about
8/9 different configurations we track!).

If you see this behaviour with 4.1 then please file a support ticket
reporting the bug.

thanks -mike