Old Gnome menus not being fully recognised

Mark Cooke lists at funkypenguin.net
Mon Jan 10 04:43:58 CST 2005

Oliver Grawert wrote:

> true, but that is the gnome 1.x directroy for storing launcers, if they
> dont appear in hoary (which is a good move imho) i would use the
> currently supported (f.d.o defined) way which
> is: /usr/share/applications/ to make it work :)

I agree, I always use /usr/share/applications for all program launchers,
but there are still alot of programs (from universe, I know it's not
supported), that still use this old directory, for example, d4x.

Also several window managers, still use this old directory for looking
in (and hopefully the new f.d.o one as well).

I know thats it's down the the packagers to alter their files, to
conform to the f.d.o file structure, but until they all do,
I feel that we should still support the old structure as well.

This is going to help if upstream in the main debian repository, they
are fixed, it may well be worth entering a bug report.

Mark