devhelp and autoconf

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Jan 9 16:35:44 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 12:42:03PM +0100, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>Hi,
>
>First please use the right places: bugzilla for bugs or ubuntu-users
>for general questions about the distribution, this list is about the
>ubuntu development.

I just find it rather confusing to use bugzilla for reporting bugs on
packages. Also, I haven't signed up for it yet.

And I am not entirely sure how to handle packages that are in
Universe...

>Le dimanche 09 janvier 2005 à 10:58 +0100, Magnus Therning a écrit :
>
>> Furthermore it seems certain characters are missing, e.g. the
>> character '>' is missing from the Makefile(.am|.in) examples in
>> Autoconf->17...->Making testsuiteScripts).
>
>Could you give an example of a wrong one ?

The title of that page to begin with! In the info file the title is

 Making `testsuite' Scripts

in devhelp it is

 Making testsuiteScripts

On that page there is a Makefile rule. The last line of the rule reads

 } $(srcdir)/package.m4

It should be

 } >$(srcdir)/package.m4

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

This is an era when nonsense has become acceptable ad sanity is
controversial. Too many people fail to see a distinction between "rule of
the law" and the edicts of judges. Unfortunately, these people include many
judges.
     -- Thomas Sowell, in 1996