Shall we support the autorun feature?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Tue Jan 4 17:00:22 CST 2005

Hi!

Matthew Garrett [2005-01-04 18:14 +0000]:
> > However, since pmount mounts non-fstab drives with "noexec", this
> > currently fails. So the question arises what we want to do with
> > autorun in the future. I see the following options:
>
> How easy is it to alter the mount options that pmount uses?

I can easily add an --exec option which mounts the drive with 'exec',
similarly to --noatime and --async.

> Would removing the option from g-v-m merely entail removing the UI
> element, as opposed to removing support? Making it difficult for
> users to enable seems reasonable, but it ought to be possible for
> people to reenable it without having to rebuild stuff.

If we keep the default to 'off', then I would not have a problem of
leaving the GUI option where it is. It should just be removed if we
decide to drop the autorun feature entirely.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer            http://www.ubuntulinux.org