Shall we support the autorun feature?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Tue Jan 4 16:00:17 CST 2005

Hi!

Scott James Remnant [2005-01-04 15:48 +0000]:

> > /etc/hal/device.d/, I suppose. The script sends a message to the
> > upgrade notifier daemon (which runs in the user's session). This
> > daemon then initiates the actual upgrading application.
> >
> But we didn't put a script like that into warty ... so warty users won't
> see anything when they put the CD in.

Just to clarify: the pmount policy has nothing to do with CD upgrades.
Since CD-ROM drives are in /etc/fstab in Hoary, autorun would even
work if it was enabled in g-v-m.

The problem is just that it is disabled by default, and not many users
will have enabled it, so we cannot rely on that.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer            http://www.ubuntulinux.org