Release status: Preview freeze approaching!

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 28 10:18:20 CST 2005

The preview freeze (a short, high-caution period leading up to the preview
release) is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, March 2nd.

This means that after the preview freeze begins, changes to the 'main'
component will be limited to fixes which are critical for the preview
release.  Such fixes will require prior discussion and authorization (on
this mailing list) before upload.  After the preview release, we'll return
to a more relaxed process, but for a period of one week, we'll be exercising
extreme caution.

Details will follow when the preview freeze officially begins.

--
 - mdz