2 questions about ubuntu + offering

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Mon Feb 28 07:19:05 CST 2005

Hi,

First of all, thank you for reading my post. I'm a desktop user and perhaps
this is not the best mailing list to put my questions, but I think that it's.
Sorry if some are obvious for you.

I have two questions:

1) I tried Hoary live-cd array-5 and when I put usb key, it detects me the usb
key and mounts me it (I tested previous versions and it's the first that do
correctly). But I don't watch any user friendly way to umount
that, ie to leave safely the usb key.

Is it a way to extract usb keys when ubuntu mounts that, without login as
root?. If don't, I think it's a good thing to put on ubuntu, overall for
novice users as me.

2) In Debian ftp, there is a link to unstable version. (unstable points always
to unstable version). In ubuntu it does not exist, isn't?. Could you put
unstable link to unstable version (now Hoary, then GrumpyGroundhog, ...)

It's useful for people who want to be always in development version.

Finally, an offering: I have a partition avaliable for testing ubuntu version.
I calculate that I could test three or four releases of development versions
(at finally, I boring to do that and I want to stabilize my system ;-)).  I
have no production system, so I could do (I have debian in main partition as
production system and another partition for trying distros).

Now I have ubuntu installed in that partition.

So, If you want that I test some critical releases, I'm charmed to do that.

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

PS: Perhaps a good thing is to put some reference into wiki of betatesters (as
gnoppix do into webpage)