Introduction, questions

Peter Damoc pdamoc at gmx.net
Wed Feb 23 02:16:21 CST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:38:33 -0500, John Richard Moser <nigelenki at comcast.net> wrote:

> Alistair Davidson wrote:
>> Hi there.
>>
>> I'm interested in getting involved in Ubuntu development. I've got no
>> experience in putting together distributions or packaging, but I'm a
>> programmer -I'm teaching myself to use Glade at the moment- and a
>> layman's expert on usability. I've previously been involved in the KDE
>> Usability project, I can't claim to have contributed much there but I
>> learned an awful lot (some of it about how not to do things, but that's
>> another rant...).
>>

> KDE is the embodiment of how not to do things.  Honestly I hope either
> the KDE project or the Qt toolkit dies, because it really gets on my
> nerves that some programs are Qt and look different.  When I tried to
> use KDE, I was consistently annoyed that the GTK apps didn't fit into
> the environment.

I know is OT, but... hey... I cannot help it either:

There was this blacksmith who had a son, the son was kinda lazy and irresponsible always breaking things and complaining how other kids have more. When he reached a certain age his father, the blacksmith told him:
" You don't know the meaning of work, you must learn it in order to become a man so... leave this house and return only when you have a gold piece to show me."
The boy left, went to his mother and told her that father means to throw him out if he doesn't produce a gold piece. The mother hold him close to her bosom, kissed him and gave him a gold piece from her savings.
The boy went to his father and said "Look father, a gold piece!" Father took the gold piece and threw it in the forge. The boy looked speechless as the coin melted. Father said... "You still don't know the meaning of work, leave and return only when you have earned a gold piece"... The boy went again to his mother but she was already warned not to give him any more coins so he went to a neighbor and helped him feeding horses and shoveling manure in stables. After some time the neighbor paid him a gold piece for all the work he has done . The boy took the coin to his father and said with a smile on his face "Look father, a gold piece!" Father took the gold piece and threw it in the forge. The boy screamed "Noooo" and picked the coin from the fire, burning his hand. Father said "Now you know the meaning of work, now I can be proud saying that you are my son!"

Bitching about other people's work is a sin I also committed too many times... however... that doesn't make it right.
Show us your work! Show us how are you justified to say "Die QT, Die!"

--
Peter Damoc
Warrior Of The Light