Hoary and Gnome

Martin Willemoes Hansen mwh at sysrq.dk
Sun Feb 20 04:56:50 CST 2005

Hello everybody!

I'm looking forward to a stable Hoary with Gnome 2.10.
I know that Ubuntu is a stable distribution in the sense of only
upgrading packages if the packages contains serious security fixes. But
I am very sad that bug fixes in newer packages such as the coming Gnome
2.10.1, 2.10.2 ... is not coming to the users of Ubuntu. This makes
Ubuntu a stable distribution but not a solid and more bug fixed
distribution.
What I hope is that Hoary will follow the stable releases of Gnome 2.10
ie. 2.10.1, 2.10.2 ... with updated packages.

If this is to resource intensive I would suggest that Hoary ships with
Gnome 2.10.1 or 2.10.2 instead of 2.10.0.

Just my two cents of annoyance with Ubuntu :)

Happy hacking!
--
Martin Willemoes Hansen