No sound after updating to polypaudio

Remy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:38:29 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:29:13 -0800, Joe Barnett <thejoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having the same problems, but I can't even hear gnome sounds (can
> you still hear them even after logging out and back in?)....  paplay
> /path/to/wav/file works fine, though....

The only functional gstreamer plugin before the polypaudio update was
ESD. Now, it is not working aymore.

I can get the ALSA gstreamer plugin to work one time out of ten (weird
but true), so it's not a very good user experience. Select Gnome
sounds are working (in particular GDM sounds).
I've had a far better experience with OSS with my soundcard.

Hardware: Centrino banias platform (i855 chipset with i810 audio).

Rémy