Gamin going mad

Hervé Cauwelier herve.cauwelier at nospam.free.fr
Tue Feb 15 05:03:41 CST 2005

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 15.02.2005, 11:39 +0100 schrieb Hervé Cauwelier:
>
>>After an hour of rebooting, trying linux-2.6.11, disabling devices... it
>>was still freezing. At the end, KDE was running fine but starting Gnome
>>still crashed the machine after a few seconds.
>
> there is a good reason that 2.6.11 is in universe and not in main...
> use a supported kernel :)

Thanks but that was only for testing another kernel and isolate the
problem. I know that 2.6.11 isn't even officially released.

My problem appeared using 2.6.10 and I'm still using it now that it
works. The freeze really was caused by gamin, or at least it is related.

--
Hervé Cauwelier
http://www.oursours.net/