Nautilus / gnome apps opening minimised

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 13 15:49:48 CST 2005

<quote who="H. C. Brugmans">

> For me, in warty, if I opened nautilus, it came up. Now it and several
> other gnome apps come up minimised, while others still just pop in your
> face.  I really prefer the latter behavior, and this feels inconsistent as
> it is now.  Is this a design choice, or a bug?

They don't come up minimised, they come up behind your other windows. This
is a metacity bug that is being actively worked on.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "A narcissist - every inch the preening, overconfident, studiously
    effete, ever-so-slightly detached rock star." - Anon. description of
                                 Tony Blair