Merging Live and Install CDs

Jorge Bernal koke at sindominio.net
Sat Feb 12 05:49:29 CST 2005

El Sábado 12 Febrero 2005 00:38, Colin Watson escribió:
> By "this", I of course mean a combination install/live DVD.
>
> I believe there are also people working on a live CD installer, but this
> will not supersede the install CD, which is simply more appropriate for
> many use cases.

I was thinking about this...

a) Boot into live mode
b) Have an "Install ubuntu on HD" icon
c) Since casper is a d-i "module" I guess it may be possible to "continue"
with installation in a xterm, after asking for the install cd

--
Jorge Bernal "Koke"
Personal:  koke at sindominio.net
Jabber:  koke at zgzjabber.ath.cx
Blog:  http://www.amedias.org/koke/

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes." - Edsger Dijkstra