Kubuntu packages to be promoted to main

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Feb 11 20:06:55 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 05:42:55PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> And here's the list:
>
>    o boost
>
> 	kdeedu build-depends on this date/time-handling library

More than qualifies.  It's a great, and rather widely-used, general C++
library, and the code is solid and the upstream active.

>    o gnokii
>
> 	kdepim build-depends on libgnokii2-dev, a library for communication
> 	with Nokia mobile phones

Upstream is rather active, and it's reasonably widely-used
(gnome-phone-manager will soon use it, apparently), but I can't speak as
to how defensively it's coded, security-wise.

>    o taglib
>
>    	kdemultimedia build-depends on libtag1-dev, another music file
> 	tagging library

Written by the same guy who did JuK; the only reason it's not in
kdemultimedia is that he wanted it to be more generic.  Good code,
active upstream.