libgc 6.4

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 7 18:10:08 CST 2005

<quote who="Robert Crosbie">

> Are there any plans on picking up the latest libgc 6.4 in Hoary before
> release?  The current version available in Horay is 6.3.
>
> I know that the new inkscape 4.1, which is in a Hard Freeze and should be
> released soon, depends on libgc 6.4+.

We're pretty flexible about new versions in universe after the Upstream
Version Freeze, so if there are packages available, and upgrading won't
(significantly) damage anything in the archive, we would almost certainly
accept libgc. We wouldn't accept a new version of inkscape though (unless it
was an exceptional circumstance), because it's in main.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "So between a jazz musician, a murderer, and a congressperson, all
    called 'Dave Camp', I have a lot of pressure to be evil." - GNOME's
                                 Dave Camp