synaptic with dpkg progressbar in hoary

yanbab dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Mon Feb 7 08:29:06 CST 2005

Michael Vogt Wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 08:46:31AM -0500, rwabel wrote:
> [..]
> > It would be good in my opinion to see at the end that the process
> has
> > been finished and without error or with error in the other case. At
> the
> > moment you see nothing, the windo just disapear!
>
> Good point, this is fixed in the current version in hoary.

thanks for all those great enhancements, works perfectly here.

Once the installation is finished we now get a succesfull/failure
message, which is great, but it's not visually evident that the
installation is finished because the dialog doesn't change so much.
I've just upgraded, waiting for the process to finish - in fact it was
finished, but I had to read the small label change to understand that.
Maybe displaying an error/info icon would do the trick? (and maybe hide
the progress bar, now it looks like it's blocked at 100%).

--
yanbab