problem with gnome+usbdisk on hoary

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 17:44:09 CST 2005

Hi to all
Yesterday i upgraded to hoary and i noted a wrong thing.
When i connect an usb disk it is detected and mounted (a nautilus
session is opened and the contents of my usb disk are showed) but not
any icon are in my desktop or in my "Places" menu. To show the icon i
should go into Places ---> computer and click on a cd/dvd-rom device, it
gets an error (yep there is not any cd inside) but the icon of mass
storage appears on my desktop and also in my Places menu.
In warty when i plugged the usb disk nautilus started a session and a
icon appears immediately on my desktop.
Is it an error or i'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for the reasons