Suede as default gnome icon theme for Hoary

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Feb 2 08:49:26 CST 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:28:33 +1100, Shimon wrote:
> The ubuntu art team are making a icon theme for hoary

Really? I quite like the default GNOME artwork :(

With my ISV hat on I must observe that every distro having its own icon
theme makes it impossible for 3rd party artwork to fit in. If you take the
view that the XYZ art team will just draw icons for everything then we'll
just end up with even more inconsistency as new apps will be generated
faster than the art team can draw icons.

thanks -mike