Fluendo MP3 GStreamer Plugin in Main for Dapper?

George Farris farrisg at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 30 17:49:35 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 09:10 -0500, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> On 12/29/05, Stephan Hermann <sh at sourcecode.de> wrote:
> > On Friday 30 December 2005 00:43, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > >
> Are the patents evil simply because... people can't do whatever they
> feel like doing because someone else was ingenious enough (and brave
> enough to devote resources to the project) to go out and develop
> something new, or are these patents evil because they were improperly
> granted?

Well patents on technology that outlast the life of the technology are
essentially bad and provide the patent holder with a monopoly.  If a
software patent would be only say 2 to 5 years in length, it would
possibly make more sense.  I however think that software patents are
just plain bad.

--
George Farris
george at gmsys.com