Fluendo MP3 GStreamer Plugin in Main for Dapper?

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Fri Dec 30 12:01:12 GMT 2005

Hello.

Jeff Waugh:

> The binary provided *by Fluendo* is free-as-in-beer. The binary that
> *we'd* build and distribute (under contract with Fluendo) would be
> free-as-in-beer. The source is free-as-in-speech in both cases (same
> source).

What if a user builds his own binary from the MIT-licensed sources?

If it would be ok fro personal use - what if a small, wrapper deb
package depending on the required compiler fetched the sources in
its postint and build the plugin on the user's machine for the user?

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
               Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have
               to earn one's living at it.    -- Albert Einstein