Fluendo MP3 GStreamer Plugin in Main for Dapper?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 30 03:49:45 GMT 2005

<quote who="John Nilsson">

> The source is fine and free and what ever. The binary provided by fluendo
> isn't. I thought the issue was about distributing the fluendo binary.

The binary provided *by Fluendo* is free-as-in-beer. The binary that *we'd*
build and distribute (under contract with Fluendo) would be free-as-in-beer.
The source is free-as-in-speech in both cases (same source). We already have
various free-as-in-beer things in restricted and multiverse. There are many
subtleties involved here. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

              Corporate extortionism. Economic contortionism.