NexentaOS GUI configuration tools fully ported

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Thu Dec 29 14:14:15 GMT 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:51:14 +0100
Jeroen van Splunder <jeroen-91 at home.nl> wrote:

> Op wo, 28-12-2005 te 15:12 -0700, schreef Myles Green:
> > I think he is sending this here because Nexenta is Ubuntu Breezy
> > with the OpenSolairis kernel (plus a few libraries). To be sure, it
> > should possibly have been posted to the sounder list, which I have
> > just done. But still, you can tell he is excited and proud of his
> > accomplishment - as he should be. Personally I find this pretty
> > exciting myself, now we have an exceptional Linux distribution in
> > Ubuntu and an exceptional derivative using the OpenSolairis
> > platform as well.
>
> A _Linux_ distribution?

Did I not say that Ubuntu was a Linux distribution? NexentaOS is
nothing more than an Ubuntu derivative that uses the OpenSolairis
kernel/libraries.

In the begining there was Debian. Then came the good folks at Ubuntu
who took the unstable branch of Debian, added love and all the goodness
that comes thereof, and gave birth to our beloved Linux distribution.
Then came the folks at Nexenta who took the latest stable release of
Ubuntu known to us as Ubuntu-5.10 (Breezy Badger) and modified it to
work with OpenSolairis thereby creating yet another flavor of
Debian-come-Ubuntu.

At this point Erast (the original poster) is probably creating the
necessary patches to the GNOME System Tools to contribute back to the
Ubuntu community as he said he would do. I would have expected a little
more understanding from a community the likes of Ubuntu.

--
Q:	What do you call a WASP who doesn't work for his father,
isn't a lawyer, and believes in social causes?