Practical boot sequence modifications

Jeff Bailey jbailey at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 28 04:23:25 GMT 2005

Le mardi 27 décembre 2005 à 18:33 -0500, John Richard Moser a écrit :

>  - Boot from disk images
>
>   Booting from USB media is not impossible; however, it is difficult to
> boot off a disk image.  A few modifications to an initrd and some kernel
> hackery would make booting from a disk image possible.

Booting off a disk image is actually fairly trivial.  Jerry Haltom was
able to do it by writing one script to add to the initramfs-tools
package.

Hey, Jerry... =)  Care to email it to me?  I'll stuff it in.

Tks
Jeff Bailey

* Canonical Ltd * Ubuntu Service and Support * +1 514 691 7221 *

Linux for Human Beings.