Fluendo MP3 GStreamer Plugin in Main for Dapper?

John Nilsson john at milsson.nu
Tue Dec 27 04:36:07 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 11:29 +0100, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> On ma, 2005-12-26 at 01:20 +0100, John Nilsson wrote:
>
> > This is against the Ubuntu philosophy either way. Free means GPL
> > compatible.
>
> That is SO not true...

Quote from http://www.ubuntulinux.org:
        Ubuntu is entirely committed to the principles of free software
        development.

I take it that "free software" is the same as defined here:

I don't think there is anything is that text to support my argument that
"free == GPL compatible" and its even further falsified by this list:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses

I take that it back. I was wrong.

The first part still holds true though as the plug-in certainly does not
fall under the definition of free software or it's principles.

Regards,
John