Importing windows files and settings into Ubuntu

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 21 08:08:52 GMT 2005

<quote who="David Stone">

> So what I'm suggesting is that we make a utility that could copy things
> like the My Documents, My Pictures, My Music etc. to the user's home
> folder and organize them in a logical manner.

Yep, this would be great. Probably best to discuss it on ubuntu-desktop list
rather than here.

> Please share your thoughts on this, or let me know if such a utility
> already exists.

There are a few around, but mostly proprietary products (some of which are
being Open Sourced as baby products). There is also a fair amount of code
around to do this stuff, independently of any integrated product.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

         "Stick to your guns and get it right." - Havoc Pennington