bug in netinstall?

Valentijn Sessink v.sessink at openoffice.nl
Wed Dec 14 09:34:05 GMT 2005

Hi Colin, hi list,

At Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 07:11:39PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > [...] netinstall [...] In the second stage of the installation [...]
> > 'libesd-alsa0: Conflicts: libesd0 but 0.2.36-1ubuntu5 is to be installed.'
> Yes, unfortunately there's a known bug in the 5.10 archive at the moment
[...]
> to support Kubuntu and Edubuntu netboot properly. However, there's no
> sane way to get this fix into a 5.10 update.

Ehrm, shouldn't it be sufficient to just put the pattern in an updated
base-config package? Or would that be too invasive? (Breaking the archive is
invasive, too ;)

Another trick could be to add the string to pxelinux.cfg/default (Until the
archive is fixed, off course)

> If you want to work around this for the time being, try putting this
> line in a preseed file:
>   base-config base-config/package-selection string ~t^ubuntu-standard$|~t^ubuntu-desktop$

I put the following in my pxelinux default file (minus the line breaks), and
my laptop is installing file right now:

label desktop
        kernel ubuntu-installer/i386/linux
        append
  base-config/package-selection=~t^ubuntu-standard$|~t^ubuntu-desktop$
  vga=normal initrd=ubuntu-installer/i386/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=16432
  root=/dev/rd/0 rw  --

Thanks a lot for the right pattern.

Valentijn
--