debian-cd hacking questions

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 12 07:05:39 GMT 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 10:32:24PM -0500, Hiweed Leng wrote:
> I wanna make a Chinese-Ubuntu CD Image, but I can not find the ubuntu's
> debian-cd package.

  baz register-archive http://arch.ubuntu.com/debian-cd@arch.ubuntu.com
  baz register-archive http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/archives/colin.watson@canonical.com--2005
  baz get colin.watson at canonical.com--2005/debian-cd--ubuntu--0

debian-cd is hard work to configure and run, though. You will probably
also want cdimage--mainline--0 from my archive, which is the wrapper
scripts I use. Even then it can often be easier to customise an existing
image than to attempt to rebuild one from scratch.

> BTW, is the Ubuntu Live-CD also made by the debian-cd package?

The ISO image construction is done by debian-cd, yes, although not the
live filesystem construction.

Cheers,