dapper problems

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Thu Dec 8 19:17:08 GMT 2005

Hello,

I've jsut dist-upgraded dapper.  I have noted the following:

- eth0 doesn't come up.  ifconfig can see it and I can config it by
hand, but gnome network tools doesn't see it.
- left handed mouse support is broken - the mouse buttons are right handed.
- gnome panel menu's are now blank except for an 'ubuntu' icon.  menu
still works though.

george at spoem:~$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 6.04 "Dapper Drake" Development Branch \n \l

george at spoem:~$ uname -a
Linux spoem 2.6.15-7-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 6 18:19:44 UTC 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

--
George Barnett
Reality Engineer

m: (+44) 797 457 1868
e: george at alink.co.za

Hackers are just a migratory lifeform with a tropism for computers.