Accepted libcairo 1.0.2-3ubuntu1 (source)

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 06:56:37 GMT 2005

On 12/1/05, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at canonical.com> wrote:
> Changes:
>  libcairo (1.0.2-3ubuntu1) dapper; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Sync with Debian.
>    * debian/patches/02-no-ft-glyphslot-embolden.patch:
>      - not required.

Maybe this patch is not required for ubuntu, but yesterday, I ran into
problems with a partial upgrade. With updating libcairo from dapper, I
got unresolved symbols for symbols in libfreetype while running
evolution (it started fine first, but crashed when I displaying
chinese characters from my spam box).

Upgrading to libfreetype in dapper fixed the problem, so I think
libcairo needs a tighter versioned dependency on libfreetype.

What needs fixing here: the shlibs file in libfreetype and rebuild
libcairo, or the libcairo source package?

--
regards,
    Reinhard