Boot splash in 2.6.12-8

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 31 23:35:18 CDT 2005

<quote who="Mark D. McCoy">

> Joshua Swink wrote:
> >I must say that the new boot splash simply kicks ass.
> >
> >Way to go, guys.
>
> I think it stinks.  It corrupts my text consoles because I have to use
> vga=771 on any ubuntu kernel.  If I use vga=771 usplash blacks out the
> console so I can't use it.  If I take it out, the console gets screwed up
> and I can't use it either.

You can take 'splash' out of the kernel parameters (or remove the usplash
package and re-mkinitramfs) if you don't want to use usplash at all. It is
okay, you have that choice. :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th              http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "It's a pan-dimensional cake, and there are many ways to slice it." -
                                Bruce Badger